25 Vintage Photos of American Stores You Will Gladly Remember

From the front view of an F.W. Woolworth store in Montpelier, Vermont, U.S. to a strip mall shopping center in Worcester, Massachusetts, U.S., this selection of photos represents vintage American shopping malls and stores. We’ve made this gallery to remember the good old times and to make a difference between the past and present. Tell us what you think leaving a comment below!

Check them out for more information and start to see our world through photos!

1 23 ... 25»

Related Articles More from author

8 Comments

1. Sheri DiSanza says

Never understood why they got rid of the shopping Malls, and replaced them with strip malls. Shopping malls were great in ANY Weather, you didn’t have to go outside to get to the next store. The new “Strip Malls” Don’t even have any overhang/awning from store to store. So you either bake in the sun, or get drenched in the rain/snow. Doesn’t make much sense to me….

1. Blc says

Yes, businesses are really ridiculous. I don’t even go to a strip mall when it’s raining or snowing. They will lose the sales from people who feel as I do.
      I have to say, they really are stupid.

2. Honest engine says

Strip malls are cheaper to construct and there are no HVAC COST

3. Kal Dunkle says

Maintenance : a enclosed Mall had climate control costing a fortune, Individuals stores paying their own electric bill? Priceless

2. Raymond North says

It’s all in the name of saving money and increasing profit. Too much expense in keeping the big malls clean, making rents higher and profits lower for the companies which rented space in them.

3. Marilyn McCormick says

We have lots of big malls in suburbs surrounding the twin cities, Minneapolis/St. Paul, including the Mega mall. Those strip malls don’t have nice stores, only hair & nail salons, coffee shops, etc. It’s easier to go to a super Target for basics all under one roof. Otherwise, I like to shop on-line. Many places have free pick-up, and delivery too.

4. Oscar Valdes Yero says

I remember another 5 & 10 store called Kreshe or something like that in the 50’s, there was one opposie Woolworth’s in Chicago’s Lincoln Ave. then. it even looked very similar to Woolworth’s.

5. Rose Dezonno says

I think there are very similar stores in the suburbs of Chicago. I live in Wheeling, Ill., and they look a lot like some
    stores around here.